Next week Silicon Abbey will open their first Pop-up Hub in the Clarence Park Cricket Pavilion. From 3rd to 30th July the space will be open to all entrepreneurs, start-ups and anyone interested in setting up their own commercial or social business. There will be free desk space as well as a series of masterclasses and networking events – and all in the tranquil and inspiring environment of Clarence Park and its historic cricket pavilion.
What we’re doing
For one month we are turning the Cricket Pavilion into a co-working space and a community hub for entrepreneurs. Anybody can come in to work (free wifi and coffee provided) and meet interesting people. There will be a café and a bar in the building overlooking the park and cricket ground. However, we want it to be more than just a shared office, so we are organising a schedule of masterclasses and networking events. Here are some highlights:
- Launch event with networking and drinks on Monday, 3rd July
- workshops on marketing, PR and business development
- free Yoga and well-being classes
- social enterprise clinics
- Friday afternoon lightning talks
- networking evenings with live music
To see the latest programme, please visit the event page: http://siliconabbey.com/project/popup
Why we’re doing it
We believe that St Albans and its surrounding areas need a space where entrepreneurs and start-ups can come together as a community to support each other. It has long been our ambition to create a co-working space in St Albans that doesn’t just provide office space, but a true hub where anybody can participate and benefit from the skills and knowledge of the local community. This is a test-run and if it goes well we will proceed to phase 2: planning a permanent hub in or near St Albans.
How you can get involved
There are three ways you can get involved:
- Use the co-working space in July – just contact us to reserve your desk space
- Contribute to the programme – if you have an idea what to include in the programme or want to run a session, please let us know
- Become a sponsor – get your logo displayed on our website and our flyers and/or stage or contribute to an event in July
If you are interested in any of the above, just email us on email@example.com or call 07528 920 782. We look forward to hearing from you!