Join us for something a bit different!
Sometimes we are just so busy with life, work, family, social media – rushing here, rushing there, that we thought it was time to STOP! Take stock and have a bit of “me” time.
“Taking time out to take your foot off the accelerator pedal and do things which build your energy like creative exercises such as art are a wonderful way to allow headspace in our lives. They can activate the parasympathetic nervous system which is the “rest and digest” part of the brain and is essential for us to restore” – Ruth Farenga, Founder of Mindful Pathway – Practical Mindfulness training for a modern world
Here’s how the event works:
1. You buy a canvas from us for £20
2. You paint on it, or draw on it, or stick things to it or get creative in any way you want to. You do not need to be an artist to take part – dots, stickmen, collages, newspaper/magazine cuttings, get the kids involved and perhaps the dog even? Let’s have some fun with this. Art is subjective! And who knows, you could be the next Tracey Emin!
3. You bring your art back to us
4. You buy a ticket for the “Art of TBC” evening on Friday 20th September at 4.30pm-6.30pm at Rothamsted Conference Centre for £20 which includes glass of fizz, canapés and networking
5. We exhibit all of the art – plus we will be sharing on social media.
6. You look at the artworks labeled 1,2,3,4,5, etc – you can have your name, business name or “unknown artist” (if you want to remain anonymous) alongside your work of art
7. You put in silent bids on the ones you like – from as little as £5 – bids can also be accepted online – so if you cannot make the event itself, you can still bid for a unique piece of art!
8. Highest bid get to own the artwork and take home or feature in your office or have as a gift – who knows, you may be buying the next Van Gogh!!!!
We cannot wait!