Here at TBC, we love finding out more about the amazing businesses in #StAlbans – Kavya Anderson-Tuffnell of Madison HR takes up the July Challenge of “Tell Us 5 Things We May Not Know About Your Business”:
1. There’s actually 2 of us. Madison HR consists of 2 HR consultants, me and my business partner – Louise Murray. You may not see Louise much as she is based in South East London. Together we have over 30 years’ of HR experience and we cover London and Hertfordshire together. We met whilst working within the HR department at a top 50 accountancy firm. Madison HR was set up in June 2017.
2. I’m a Mental Health First Aid Practitioner, long title but it’s provided me with valuable insight into the support that can be given to people suffering from mental health issues. It is something that a lot of our clients are seeking advice on at the moment. It’s a sensitive topic and employers need to think about their duty of care towards employees.
3. Our Twitter account @MadisonHR_ (don’t forget the underscore!) provides you with regular employment law updates. We also share interesting and topical HR related articles.
4. Our clients come from a whole range of sectors, we aren’t sector specific. Our smallest client has 4 UK employees and they make ground-breaking medical devices. Our largest client is a cleaning company with over 180 employees.
5. In my 1st HR job, I interviewed and recruited Leona Lewis (pre-X Factor) as a receptionist. Louise was at school with Kate Moss.
Find out more about how Madison HR can help your business here