- This event has passed.
Women in Leadership Lunch
September 23 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm£51.60
Hertfordshire Chamber are delighted to be reinstating our popular Women in Leadership lunches, with the first taking place at the beautiful Knebworth Barns on the 23 September 2021.
Our speaker for this lunch will be Claire Austin, Managing Director of Austin’s Funeral Directors.
Austin’s was established in 1700 and Claire is the tenth generation to run the independent family business. Having expanded in recent years, Austin’s now operates nine funeral arrangement offices throughout north and east Hertfordshire and owns Harwood Park Crematorium in Stevenage.
Claire has led Austin’s to win thirteen business awards, including the FSB Service Excellence Award in 2012. In the same year, Claire was named National Chamber of Commerce Entrepreneur of the Year.
In 2019, Claire was selected by Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce to win a very special award in recognition of her Outstanding Contribution to Charity. She has raised tens of thousands of pounds by embracing a number of personal fundraising challenges as well as encouraging others associated with her company to donate to worthy causes. These include:
- Undertaking a Tandem SkyDive for Keech Hospice; raising £1,000
- Running the London Marathon; raising over £10,000 for Isabel Hospice
- Making a donation of £7,000 to Steph’s Wishes; a charity which gives ‘Memory Days’ to young people in the UK, who have recurring or terminal cancer
- Shaving her hair off; raising more than £7,500 for grant-giving charity Stevenage Community Trust
- Participating in an Arctic Survival Challenge, in support of Home Start Hertfordshire
Join us for a delicious lunch and hear about some of the amazing activities and challenges that Claire has been involved in over the last few years, to raise money on behalf of a number of Hertfordshire charities.