- This event has passed.
MHFA England Mental Health Aware Masterclass
May 7 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm£114
The Mental Health First Aid England half day online course is an introductory four hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
It is designed to give you:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
What is mental health?
Mental Health Continuum
Factors which affect mental health
Stress and stress management
Spotting signs of distress
Mental health conditions:
Take 10 Together – starting a supportive conversation
Supporting mental health in the workplace
The course is delivered by Mind Fitness Training who are Mental Health First Aid England instructor members.
Instructor details: Andy Barker is a coach, trainer and author with a background in senior corporate management.
Andy co-created Mind Fitness Learning, a unique company that specialises in Mental Health, Wellbeing and Personal Effectiveness training. Mind Fitness work in a wide range of business sectors running innovative online and face to face workshops that teach skills to increase resilience, harness stress and enhance wellbeing.
Andy is passionate about promoting mental health awareness and is a Mental Health First Aid England Instructor Member. The range of impactful MHFA England courses are considered the Gold Standard in mental health training.