It was developed by Dr. Richard Miller, a spiritual teacher, author, yogic scholar, researcher and clinical psychologist, who combined traditional yogic practice with Western psychology and neuroscience.
As a meditative form of self-inquiry, iRest is an in-depth process, yet simple to learn and easy to practice. It is both relaxing and healing; enabling you to deeply calm your nervous system and intelligently integrate difficult thoughts & emotions.
Research shows iRest effectively:
- Reduces stress, anxiety, fear, depression and PTSD
- Boosts your ability to relax and enjoy life
- Reduces chronic and acute pain as well as insomnia
- Improves interpersonal relationships
- Addresses limiting ingrained beliefs and conditioning, which can give rise to anxiety and fear and other reactive physical and mental patterns
- Increases health, resilience and well-being