Blogging for Beginners
March 20 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm£50
Whether you are looking to set up a blog on your company website, or want to set up a personal blog, this course can help you to identify where to start.
Blogging is a great way to demonstrate your skills and credibility in your field. It raises your brand profile, demonstrates your expertise and helps you to rank on Google for a wider range of phrases.
Blogging is a key part of your online strategy. This course will help you to:
- Choose what to blog about and select your blog keywords
- Use of tags and categories
- How to optimise for search engines
- Looking at competitor blogs and what is working for them
- Raising your profile as a blogger and building links to your blog
- Checking your blog for technical issues that could prevent it ranking.
NB: this is not a web design course, so it won’t help you with the creation of your blog from a technical point of view.
This course is designed for people who are confident at editing and managing their own websites.
Your trainer: Cheryl Luzet is the MD of St Albans-based digital marketing agency Wagada (http://wagada.co.uk). She has worked in digital marketing as a content editor and SEO expert for nearly 20 years. She set up Wagada in 2011 and the company offers search engine optimisation, content marketing, including blog writing, digital marketing strategy and social media to a wide range of clients.
Course cost: £50
Free to Herts Start Up Programme (HSUP) clients. (Businesses under 3½ years old with a Hertfordshire postcode qualify to join HSUP). Call 01727 837760 to sign up.
Click here to book
- STANTA (St Albans Enterprise Agency)
- 01727 837760