- This event has passed.
Apprenticeships: Back to basics
July 15 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
We know businesses have been hit hard by the pandemic. Investing in skills now can help grow your business and ensure it is future-ready. There has never been a better time to hire an apprentice in Hertfordshire, developing the skills your business needs and promoting the talent pool of our local residents. That is why Hertfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has launched the Hertfordshire Supports Apprenticeships campaign to help:
- Deliver a resident workforce fit for the future;
- Raise the skills and productivity levels of those already in work;
- Showcase the resilience of apprentices and employers during COVID-19
Over the next 12 months, Hertfordshire LEP is proud to partner with Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce to deliver a series of events to help employers at every stage of their apprenticeship journey, by providing practical advice and digital toolkits via its skills and employment portal, HOP (www.hopinto.co.uk). The year-long campaign will culminate in a large scale networking event in March 2022 to shine a light on the amazing work being done by employers and apprentices across the county, marking the finale of the Hertfordshire Supports Apprenticeships campaign.
By promoting apprenticeships and other recruitment opportunities, we are working together to support economic recovery and stability #KeeptheHeartinHerts.
At this first event, we are delighted to be working with West Herts College, one of four Further Education colleges in the county, and will hear from:
- Professor Sir Tim Wilson DL, Emeritus Professor and Deputy Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, on the importance of apprenticeships
- Gill Worgan, Principal and CEO at West Herts College, and John McMahon, Managing Director of Together Training, on how they are tailoring their apprenticeship programmes to meet local skills and business needs
- Camelot UK Lotteries, to hear an employer perspective
- Apprentices on their incredible career progression and the return on investment for their employer
- Caroline Cartwright, Skills, Employment & Apprenticeship Lead, Hertfordshire LEP, on the Hertfordshire Opportunities Portal (HOP)
Who should attend? SMEs and employers who are new to apprenticeships or who are seeking to improve the success of their apprenticeship programmes. This practical workshop will provide a step-by-step guide intended to help employers at the various stages of the apprenticeship journey, directing to key information and local support services.